Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Dash

Last night R and I attended the funeral for the mom of FDIL. She was only 51 but when they found the lung cancer in May it was stage 4, and already moved into her brain... Listening to people talk about her I wish I could had met her before her passing... But guess it wasn't meant to be, by the time the kids had decided they wanted to make things permanent, she had found out about the cancer and didn't want anyone to see her during treatment... I know she knows I'll look after her daughter and granddaughter as if they are my own...
FDIL asked me to get a chest scan she said she doesn't want to lose another mom. Her and DS stopped by after picking up FGD who had been with her dad all week. Course she had to go seek Mr R. out as soon as she got her and informed him that her mom was gone for a long time cause she was busy and that mom said grandma went to heaven with pops. DS said Mom how did I take it when Dad died, and I said honestly I don't remember I really believe your sister explained everything to you...
The minster said something last night that I thought was so true.. When your born you receive a date when you die you receive a ending date.. Between the dates is a dash and that's the most important part for the Dash is how you spent your life from beginning to the end...

Tuesday is health visits for me..First stop the hospital for a scan, then off to the dermatologist to see if they can figure out what the red spot is on my foot.
Off to bed R is off for the week and we need to visit JcPenny's tomorrow morning cause he ran over his eye glasses.. Don't ask LOL


No comments: