Thursday, July 3, 2008

Been a while

Wow it's been a while since I've posted here... It's ironic that the last post was of a death, for today my Uncle David died. I'm still not believing he's gone, it's really scary since he was only 6 years older then I. I don't have older siblings since I'm the oldest of 4. However Mom's the oldest of 7 which the 2 youngest were ony 8 and 6 when I was born. Gary and David they would have to keep an eye on my sister Sheri and I. Me being the most naive and gullible of us when ended up the blunt of their teasing and torment... The farest back incident I can remember would be when I was somewhere between 6 and 7, Grandmom was moving and the uncles were up stairs packing their room. I was sent up to help. David found a pack of cigarettes and decided hey lets have a cigarette, Gary said not me let's make Lisa smoke one... I don't remember what they threatened me with but I ended up taking a couple of puffs and getting really sick (never realize years later I would actually enjoy smoking). Of course when I told mom I was sick cause Davey made me smoke, he got in big trouble. Grandmom gave him the switch and made him sit and smoke several cigarettes till he turned green....
It never stopped I can't even count the number of times I got the switch for doing something one of the uncles actually did and blamed me.... They locked me in the attic with the bats and ghosts, locked me in grandpops work shed with the ghost course I laughed so hard when they got locked in the work shed by the ghost with the ghost.... To this day I don't know how they were locked in the shed, I didn't do it honestly I didn't... I think the worst thing they did to me was to put me on a minibike knowing it had no brakes. The choke stuck on high and I couldn't get it to stop, I had to choose heading into a busy street or a mailbox.... I chose the mailbox and went sailing over the mailbox and landed in stickers. Oh wait the most painful thing was when David got mad at me and shoved me off the back porch in to the big cactus backwards... My mom and grandmom pulled thorns out of me for over and hour.
When I was in midschool David got married but it only last a month or so, he was so upset he left and joined the carnival. He was gone for about 7 years, I had just entered my senior year of HS when he came home. While traveling he met a lady and decided it was time to settle down with her. Over the years our lives haven't allowed for us to have much contact except for the family functions and the deaths of my grandparents.
3 weeks ago I learned that David had lung cancer and had been getting treatment however it did no good and they feared it had spread to his brain. He died this morning 6am... Thank you Lord for not letting him suffer for long.
RIP David K 3/9/1956 - 7/3/2008

2 comments:

Miss Prissy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lrmart said...

I'm sorry to anyone who had to read the comment that was deleted... I didn't mean any harm was only writing about actions of children, but one took it as a personal attack on themselves today.
Again I'm sorry if you had to read the comment, just understand it was written by a person very upset and not thinking with a clear head. One very good reason you SHOULD NEVER write or say anything while in an angry mood wait till you have calmed down and have thought things thru....
May God be with her and help her deal.....